fredag den 27. juli 2012

Snapshots | Summer favorites

Have you ever met someone who didn't like summertime?
The heat, the sun, the light?
Well, I have.
In fact, it's my brother. 
He spends all summer complaining about - you guessed it - summer.

I spend all summer complaining about summer too, 
but that's because I don't think there's nearly ENOUGH 
heat, sun, ligt.

Summer is always great though, and there's always plenty of stuff to do too!
And most those things are free,
which is how we like it.

Here are some of my favorite things so far this summer:


Every summer we watch movies out in the open.
It's a great way to hang out with a couple of friends,
and watch some good movies. 
We went twice this year, and it was pretty awesome.
Like always. 


What happens when the weather is so terrible that you can't really
go to the beach?
Some pretty clever people decided they would just make an indoor 
beach instead.
Complete with sand, palmtrees, (plastic) seagulls and cold drinks.
I went one night with my friend and her man to chill out
and have a drink or two.





An all-time favorite of summer?
Outdoor concerts!
There are plenty of them all around, and most of them are REALLY cheap!
My favorite of the concerts is where they cram 6 concerts into an 8 hour space,
and you pay the amount you would for one regular concert.
Pretty genius, if you ask a music-loving someone like me.




Another fun thing to do when you're bored is to paint your dog.
Relax, it was a joke. 
Or maybe not?
(For the record - I didn't paint him. I spilled paint in the grass, he sat in it,
and then proceeded to sniff his paint-splattered butt and get it in his mouth.
Ain't he just clever?!
And yes, of course I have a picture of his paint-splattered butt, 
and no, I'm not posting it on here.)

A final favorite for now, and a very important one,
is to find a friend and lie down in the grass,
and just lie there. 
Enjoy the softness, the smell, and, apparently, your friend's thigh as a pillow.
Who doesn't love a nice thigh-pillow?
Thigh-pillows aside, both me and Obelix (obviously) enjoyed spending
lots and lots of time with my family and their pup. 


The summer is far from over, and I still have lots more stuff to do.
Stuff like going to the beach (the real outdoor one),
and watch the sunset with an enormous icecream in one hand
and my gorgeous hubby in the other.
Stuff like taking a hike to enjoy this spectacular nature all around.
Stuff like driving to an unknown city, and act all tourist-y.
Stuff like roasting marshmallows over an open fire.
Stuff like getting bit to death by mosquitoes, which makes you itch
so bad you think you're gonna die!
Oh wait, that already happened.

How are you enjoying summer so far?

/Lea Binta 

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Please make my day and leave a comment!

Have a wonderful day.