tirsdag den 30. oktober 2012

Just a Thought | Monday





Monday is always a little overwhelming for me.
I'm always a bit more tired, and it's virtually impossible to get everything done.
Yesterday was exactly that.
In some ways. 

Honestly, yesterday wasn't too bad of a monday. 
I got off uni earlier than I thought I would,
and even the 20 minute walk in the pouring rain wasn't that bad, because
1. I was wearing boots and a winterjacket, so the only thing getting drenched was my jeans.
2. the rain drumming on my hood sounded a little like the rain drumming on our tin roof in Nigeria,
and that is one of my favorite sounds in the world.
3. at one point, where the rain was beating down on my face, I closed my eyes,
stuck out my tongue and imagined they were little snowflakes instead of raindrops.
So if you saw a girl walking along the sidwalk yesterday with halfclosed eyes
and tongue sticking out, that was probably me. 
Or some other looney. 

But the thing that really made my monday all better was when I got home,
completely drenched and starting to feel a little cold 
(and foolish because of the whole tongue thing),
I was met with hot cocoa, jazz and lit candles.
Having a hubby ain't all bad, I tell you!

How was your monday?

- Lea Binta

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Please make my day and leave a comment!

Have a wonderful day.