lørdag den 16. juni 2012

Saturday | Baking in this small world

Today was going to be a day of catching up on things,
and since I have a birthday party to go to tonight 
I headed downtown to get a gift for the sweet hostess.

On my way, walking through the park by my apartment,
I see someone I think I used to know.
As in, someone I used to know 7 years ago when I was living in Nigeria.
I assume it's just my mind playing tricks on me and keep walking.
But it's like I just know it's him.
I panick. Why? Not sure. 
Maybe it's because it's been 7 freaking years!?
Anyway, I keep walking, while secretly (okay, it was rather obvious) 
looking back over my shoulder to see if it's really him.

I walk. Walk, walk, walk.
Enter the store. Buy the gift.
All the while staring out the window to see if he passes by.
Exit the store. 
Look around for him.
Don't see him.
I start walking back.
There he is.

Okay, I can't just ignore him and walk past him (again).
Especially since I was staring at him before.

And before I get a chance to think or say anything 
he's standing before me, saying, "Aren't you...?"

Holy freaking crap!
What are the chances of running into someone after 7 seven years?
Especially since it's someone you know from a whole different continent!?

Totally random. Totally surreal. 
Totally AWESOME.

This world is ridiculously small. 

ANYWAY,
I wanted to share a recipe with you.
I found it on Pinterest the other day, and wanted to try it out this weekend.
And I did. (Didn't see that one coming, huh?)
And honestly, it takes a lot for cake to really impress me.
And this one did.
So go bake it.
Like, right now.

Chewy Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Brownies

1/3 cup margarine, softened
2/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup peanut butter (I used crunchy pb)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp water
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C).
Mix margarine and sugars.
Add egg one at a time.
Beat until light and fluffy. (2-3 minutes)




Stir in peanut butter, water, and vanilla extract.
Mix flours, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a separate bowl.
Stir into peanut butter mix and blend well.




Spread into greased 9x9 inch pan,
and bake for 30-35 minutes.




Let it cool, then cut into squares.

Now, EAT!




I am telling you now - 
you will not regret it!




/Lea Binta

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Please make my day and leave a comment!

Have a wonderful day.